Depression can be an emotionally painful and distressing condition that interferes with a person’s ability to function effectively. Depression often makes doing even life’s simple and routine tasks feel difficult and exhausting. With more severe depression, a person may experience an inability to function.
In addition to feeling down and sad, a person experiencing clinical depression may also experience the following:
- A loss of interest in and enjoyment of activities
- Fatigue and a low energy level
- Disturbances in eating & sleeping patterns
- Feelings of worthlessness or overwhelming guilt
- Difficulty concentrating or thinking clearly
- Problems making decisions
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
APC’s clinical staff is experienced in treating both adults and adolescents suffering from depression. Our therapists collaborate with physicians for those clients taking medication for depression. We have an extensive network of physicians to whom we refer clients when appropriate.